The DEXcell brand family includes three products:
1. DEXcell brand Glass Mat Roof Board
2. DEXcell brand FA Glass Mat Roof Board (for fully adhered membrane systems)
3. DEXcell brand Cement Roof Board (a lightweight cement board for the roofing industry that will withstand prolonged exposure to moisture)
National Gypsum’s new DEXcell family has gone through rigorous third-party testing and carry a number of approvals and meet various industry standards to resist mold and provide a fire barrier for commercial structures, such as schools, hospitals and hotels.
DEXcell Glass Mat Roof Board and DEXcell FA Glass Mat Roof Board are mold resistant gypsum boards designed for use as a coverboard and/or thermal barrier in commercial roofing applications. Both are produced in 1/4-, 1/2- and 5/8-inch thicknesses and 4-foot wide in 4- and 8-foot lengths. These products score and cut easily and are specially coated on the front, back and sides for easy handling.
DEXcell Glass Mat Roof Board is ideally suited for mechanically fastened roof systems and has coated fiberglass facers with an enhanced gypsum core.
DEXcell FA Glass Mat Roof Board is designed for fully adhered roof systems, and is manufactured with heavy-duty coated fiberglass facers with an enhanced gypsum core.
DEXcell brand Cement Roof Board is a lightweight moisture- and mold-resistant cement board designed for use as a cover board and/or thermal barrier in all commercial roofing applications. It provides a fire barrier and a thermal barrier. These boards are manufactured of Portland cement, lightweight aggregate and glass mesh that provide an exceptionally hard, durable surface. It is produced in 7/16-inch thickness and 4-feet wide in 4- and 8-foot lengths.
- Easy application to patch many different types of roof decks such as gypsum roof decks.
- Mill-formulated and composed of specially calcined gypsum and wood chips or shavings.
- Provides excellent fire performance – non-combustible in accordance with ASTM E136, and it’s fire rated and approved for use in UL Roof Deck Systems (P676, P503, P207, P229, P505, P507)
- Manufactured to conform to ASTM C317, “Standard Specification for Gypsum Concrete”