The Roofing Industry Alliance for Progress has announced the winners of its 14th Annual Most Valuable Player (MVP) Awards, recognizing outstanding roofing workers from Dallas; Aurora, Colo.; Quakertown, Pa.; and Canonsburg, Pa.
The MVP Awards program honors roofing professionals based on their significant contributions in one or more of the following areas: outstanding on-the-job performance, on-the-job safety performance, contributions to a team effort, community service and volunteerism, and other noteworthy contributions.
The 2014 MVP Award winners are:
- Javier Contreras, foreman for Chamberlin Roofing & Waterproofing, Dallas
- Jim Dieckmen, superintendent for Academy Roofing, Inc., Aurora, Colo.
- Roberto Valdez, superintendent for Supreme Roofing Systems, Inc., Dallas
- Ryan Watts, foreman for Jurin Roofing Services Inc., Quakertown, Pa.
- Coy Wilson, foreman for CentiMark Corp., Canonsburg, Pa.
Additionally, the Alliance named the following MVP Award finalists:
- Jose Martinez, foreman for AAA Roofing Co. Inc., Indianapolis
- Joel Portillo, foreman for Star Roofing Inc., Phoenix
The Alliance also named Valdez as a finalist for outstanding on-the-job performance, on-the-job safety performance and other noteworthy contributions, respectively, and Watts as a finalist for on-the-job safety performance.
For more information about the MVP Awards program or next year’s nominations, contact Bennett Judson, the Alliance’s executive director, at (800) 323-9545, ext. 7513, or email her.