CertainTeed has launched “Joe Knows,” a new video series created to educate contractors on the installation and benefits of low-slope commercial roofing. The CertainTeed Contractor Support Network is deeply committed to listening to and responding to the needs of its customers, and the new video series is one of many elements designed to provide contractors with the tools they need to more effectively and efficiently install CertainTeed’s roofing products.
Industry veteran and CertainTeed associate Joe Thompson hosts the Joe Knows series, which launched on the CertainTeed website on February 1. Thompson is a key member of the CertainTeed Commercial Roofing Technical Services team and serves as lead instructor for the Flintlastic SA commercial roofing installer training courses, which are held throughout the United States. He is also a member in good standing of The International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants (IIBEC).
Recognizing that a contractor’s time is precious, the video series is delivered in an easy-to-digest format detailing expert tips and tricks for swift and effective installation.
New episodes will be available on a bi-weekly basis through May 2021 and will include the following topics:
- February 01: Flashing a Pipe
- February 15: Flashing a Pipe with Liquid-Applied Flashing
- March 01: Flashing a Drain
- March 15: Flashing a Drain with Liquid-Applied Flashing
- March 29: Base Flashing on a Parapet Wall
- April 12: Base Flashing the Outside Corner of a Parapet Wall
- April 26: Base Flashing the Inside Corner of a Parapet Wall
- May 10: Installing Membrane End Laps
To view the Joe Knows video series, visit https://blog.certainteed.com/2021/01/commercial-roofing-construction-details-how-to-flash-a-pipe-ct-13/.