Huber Engineered Woods provides problem-solving innovations as teams and codes continue to make strides toward tighter building envelopes. A revolutionary new approach to building enclosures, ZIP System sheathing and tape for roof eliminates the need for felt with an integrated underlayment that protects against water penetration as an all-in-one continuous water and air barrier. Panel seams are taped with advanced acrylic ZIP System flashing tape for a strong sealed roof deck.
ZIP System building solutions, made by Huber Engineered Woods, transformed structural envelopes by introducing the first integrated sheathing system that eliminates the need for housewrap and felt in wall and roof assemblies, notes the manufacturer. The engineered-wood systems streamline installation with built-in, continuous air and water-resistive barriers. A line of integrated panels that also incorporate exterior insulation is available in varying R-values within the ZIP System family of sheathing and flashing products.
In 2019, the ZIP System line of sealing solutions was expanded and includes an enhancement to ZIP System straight flashing tapes to include three new sizes of ZIP System flashing tape and three new sizes of ZIP System stretch tape. The enhanced formula can be applied between 0 degrees and 120 degrees Fahrenheit. ZIP System sealing solutions now include five ZIP System stretch tape options and five ZIP System™ flashing (straight) tapes.
The ZIP System flashing tape is now available in these sizes:
- New – 3.75” x 30’ – A shorter roll for smaller projects
- New – 9” x 50’ – Used for wider areas like thicker, insulated ZIP System R-sheathing outside corners
- New – 12” x 50’ – A single-piece roof valley sealing solution
- 90’ – Standard size for sealing panel seams, windows and doors
- 6” x 75’ – Standard size for sealing panel seams, windows and doors
The ZIP System stretch tape is now available in sizes:
- New – 3” x 20” – Ideal for pipe penetration
- New – 6” x 20” – A shorter roll for smaller projects
- New – 10” x 20’ – A shorter roll perfect for remodeling
- 6” x 75’ – A favorite for window panes
- 10” x 75’ – Ideal for thicker multifamily wall assemblies
ZIP System sealing solutions also include ZIP System liquid flash – a fluid-applied flashing alternative to ZIP System flashing and stretch tape. Liquid flash flows into hard-to-flash areas for an air- and water-tight seal.
The expanded line offers a new solution for builders looking for more flexibility and passed Huber Engineered Wood’s rigorous research and development process that brand users have come to know and expect.
According to the manufacturer, All ZIP System tapes are backed by 180-Day Exposure Guarantee and a 30-Year Limited Warranty, feature a split-liner for easy application on tapes 6 inches or wider and can be applied between 0 degrees and 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
For more information, visit www.zipsystemsealingsolutions.com.