National Women in Roofing (NWiR) announced several changes to the association’s leadership on the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is the governing body of the organization and is responsible for overseeing the implementation of NWiR’s mission, strategy, and goals.
Anna Anderson of Art Unlimited (Minnesota) will be joining the Executive Committee, with several other members completing their terms on the Board of Directors and some new members coming onto the Board into new leadership positions. Other officers of the association and current members of the Executive Committee include:
- Renae Bales, KPost Roofing & Waterproofing (Texas)
- Michelle Boykin, Rackley Roofing (Tennessee)
- Jennifer Keegan, GAF Materials Corporation (New Jersey)
- Jennifer Stone, Johns Manville (California), immediate past chair
Past chairs Shari Carlozzi and Heidi Ellsworth remain engaged in the association, chairing special committees and providing advice and counsel regularly to the association and to women throughout the industry.
“We normally make these transitions in February at NWiR Day,” said Ellen Thorp, Executive Director. “Everything is a little bit different living through the pandemic and pivoting to virtual meetings, but NWiR has continued to grow and even flourish during this time.”
NWiR expressed a sincere note of gratitude to the following members of the Board who have completed their terms:
- Melissa Mulligan Chapman, The GLO Group
- Melissa Walker, Johns Manville
- Chelsea Steinbock, BlueRidge Roofing & Construction
The organization also offered a warm welcome to the members who have been nominated to serve a term on the Board of Directors:
- Brittany Wimbish, Fields Roof Service (Washington State)
- Kelley Caron, OMG Roofing Products (Massachusetts)
- Kyrah Coker, National Roofing Partners (Texas)
Renae Bales, on behalf of the Executive Committee also has a special commendation. “A special thank you to Jennifer Stone our immediate past chair. Your leadership and mentorship at NWIR have been truly amazing. Thank you to our board members who have completed their term and those joining us. We have an amazing group of volunteers that continue to grow and promote NWIR within our industry to provide networking, mentoring, education and recruitment for all members.”
A full listing of new Board of Directors can be found at https://nationalwomeninroofing.org/board-of-directors/.
For more information, visit www.nationalwomeninroofing.org.