OMG Roofing Products will host a two-day NRCA Qualified Trainer Conference on December 10-11, 2019. This ‘train the trainer’ conference is designed to develop NRCA Qualified Trainers to help new roofing contractor employees to become productive and contributing members of the team as quickly as possible.
It’s clear that there is a huge need in the market for roofing contractors to attract new workers into the industry. However, many coming into the industry have little skill or knowledge about roofing or roof installation. At the Qualified Trainer Conference, NRCA will offer a variety of training techniques, and provide participants with a variety of training tools they can take back to their company and use whenever a new hire walks through the door.
“OMG Roofing Products is honored to be hosting this important industry conference,” said Josh Kelly, vice president of product development & innovation for OMG, and current president of the Roofing Alliance. “Finding and retaining quality workers continues to be a significant issue for our industry, so we are very pleased that NRCA is driving this important industry initiative.”
The conference will run from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on both December 10 and December 11 in Agawam, Massachusetts. Participants will learn how to:
- Give interesting and engaging presentations
- Ask the right type of questions to foster learning
- Create a simple and effective hands-on training environment on jobsites
- Conduct positive one-on-one training sessions
- Implement NRCA’s Training for Roof Application Careers program for onboarding new hires
- Write training objectives and stick to them
- Keep trainees engaged
- Conduct practical training exercises to get a new hire productive quickly
For additional information and to register, please visit: http://nrca.net/education/course-calendar/qt-conference-agawam.
For more information about OMG Roofing Products, visit https://omgroofing.com/.