RCI, Inc. is excited to announce the first ever RCI Canadian Building Envelope Technology Symposium. The symposium will take place September 13-14, 2018, at the Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale, Mississauga, ON.
We are now accepting abstracts for papers to be presented at the Canadian Building Envelope Technology Symposium. Abstracts of each paper (200 words) should be received at RCI headquarters by April 13, 2018. The RCI Canadian Building Envelope Technology Symposium Committee will review abstracts, and authors will be notified regarding acceptance of abstracts by April 20, 2018. If accepted, papers should be received by May 25, 2018, for peer review.
Potential authors should contact Tina Hughes at RCI headquarters for a copy of the Abstract Submittal Form and RCI Guidelines for Presentations, complete directions on formatting, and acceptable formats for abstracts and papers. A topic description must be provided addressing the speaker’s subject knowledge and the level of knowledge that will be presented to the attendee (i.e., beginner, intermediate or advanced). Six RCI CEHs will be granted for an accepted paper. Additionally, presenters will earn triple credit for the length of the program (one presentation hour yields three CEHs).
Download the 2018 RCI CBES Call for Abstracts PDF for more details.
Suggested topics include:
- Innovative Technologies & Practices
- Façade Systems & Technologies
- Unique Façade Design Solutions
- The Building Envelope as a Design Statement
- Energy Conservation Design
- Designing Façades That Will Improve Indoor Air Quality
- Economics & Life Cycle Analysis
- Panelized Stone or Masonry Systems
- Sealants – Design & Selection / Appropriate Specifications / Quality Assurance
- Hygrothermal Analysis in Façade Designs
- Façades Designed to Achieve Sustainability
- Unique Detail Design Work
- Double-Wall Façades
- Brick Masonry
- Stone Masonry
- Metal Wall Panels
- Air-Barrier Systems
- Testing Wall Systems
- Construction Processes
For more information, visit http://rci-online.org.