Registration is now open for CONSTRUCT, a national event designed to provide the commercial building team with products and education solutions. This year’s event is taking place Sept. 13-15, 2017, at the Rhode Island Convention Center in Providence, R.I. Online registration is available here.
CONSTRUCT Education Advisory Council Member, Nina Giglio, FCSI, CCS of Perkins and Eastman says, “This is an event that you won’t want to miss. What an opportunity to visit and explore Providence, R.I., a city with architectural interest, restaurants and charm. At the same time, CONSTRUCT also will feature a revamped education program with presentations that you can’t get just anywhere, not to mention the ability to achieve learning units for AIA, CSI, GBCI, and this year BOMI and ICC, and of course live product demonstrations in the Learning Pavilion, and networking events like the Newcomer Reception and the CSI Honor and Awards.”
Covering everything from air barriers to fire protection systems, coatings to architectural hardware, and much more, the Exhibit Hall will be packed with 200+ exhibitors spanning over 28,000+ net square feet. Exhibiting companies will showcase products, services and technologies for commercial building industry professionals who design, build, renovate or operate in the built environment.
In addition to the manufacturer and supplier booths, participants can earn over a year’s worth of CEUs, including 18.5 AIA LUs/HSW, 17 BOMI CPDs, and .18 ICC CEUs. GBCI credits are also available and all sessions qualify for CSI continuing education. CONSTRUCT offers a solutions-based education program featuring 40+ new sessions, led by over 55 speakers. Defined into tracks for architects/designers, specifiers, contractors, building owners/managers, project managers, engineers, product reps, young professionals and students.
A few notable sessions:
- Keynote: Multiple Agendas with Thom Mayne, FAIA
- Specifications in the Age of Smart Cities – How Specs Are Changing the World with Paul Doherty, AIA
- What is a Building Enclosure? with Joseph Lstiburek, Ph.D., P.Eng., ASHRAE Fellow
- Hands-On Demo of Detailing for a Continuous Air, Water, & Thermal Assembly with Tiffany Coppock, AIA, NCARB, CSI, CDT, LEED AP, ASTM, RCI, EDAC
- Let’s Fix Construction: An Interactive Luncheon with Cherise Lakeside, CSI, CDT & Eric D. Lussier CSI, CDT
- Specifying Target Value Delivery with Beth Stroshane, CSI, CCS, LEED AP
- Understanding & Ending Moisture-Related Flooring Problems with Peter Craig, FACI, FICRI, CCSMTT and Scott Tarr, PE, FACI, CCSMTT
- TCNA & ANSI: Specifying Successful Tile & Stone Systems by the Book with Jim Whitfield, FCSI, CCPR, LEED AP
- AIA Contract Documents 2017 with Lane J. Beougher, FAIA, FCSI, NCARB, Assoc. DBIA, LEED BD+C, GGP and Salvatore Verrastro, CSI, CCS, CCCA
- Selling with Guide Specifications with Michael Chambers, FAIA, FCSI
Attendees can also earn credits in the learning lounges and learning pavilion on the expo floor and via off-site technical tours.
CONSTRUCT also offers a variety of options for young professionals (35 and younger) and students who are looking to learn more about the industry, network, and have fun with their peers.
In addition, CONSTRUCT 2017 is the place to get connected with old friends and make new ones with available networking options including: Newcomer Reception, CSI Welcome Reception, CSI Young Professionals Mixer, and CSI Night Out.
Those interested in attending can register online to save time and money.
The Full Education Package includes access to the education program, the Exhibit Hall, Show Floor Happy Hours, the General Session/Keynote, $28 in Concession Cash and CSI Night Out.
The Exhibit Hall Only option includes access to the Exhibit Hall, Show Floor Happy Hours and the General Session/Keynote.
Individual session pricing and options for students and young professionals are also available.
To register or for more information, visit the website or call (866) 475-6707.