The Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA) has announced the winners of the 12th Annual SPFA National Industry Excellence Awards. Winners of the industry awards program represent stand out contractors and projects in the Spray Polyurethane Foam sector in both roofing and insulation, as well as in specialty applications. Awards were announced at the awards luncheon held at the Sprayfoam 2017 Convention & Expo in Palm Springs, Calif.
“Each year the Industry Excellence Awards allow us to recognize our industry’s contractors and projects,” says Kurt Riesenberg, executive director of the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA). “This year’s entries set the bar in best practices with the contractors showcased helping to set a tone of excellence in the application of spray polyurethane foam.”
The awards program recognizes projects in five categories including: Residential Wall; Commercial Wall; SPF Roof Under 40,000 Square Feet; SPF Roof Over 40,000 Square Feet; Specialty Applications, a category formerly known as Tanks & Vessels & Others.
The winners and runners up of the 12th Annual SPFA National Industry Excellence Awards include:
- Elite Insulation & PolyPro LLC for the Blakemore Estate with supplier Lapolla Industries Inc. (WINNER – Residential Wall Foam)
- Polyseal and the Mertarvik Sled House with supplier SWD Urethane (Runner up – Residential Wall Foam)
- West Roofing Systems Inc. for the HyCAL Gibraltar Facility Rehabilitation with supplier Premium Spray Products, an Accella brand (WINNER – Commercial Wall Foam)
- Tri-County Insulation dba Boss Insulation for the Zinke Dairy Inc. with supplier Lapolla Industries Inc. (Runner up – Commercial Wall Foam)
- Wedge Roofing for The Mission Church with supplier Premium Spray Products, an Accella brand (WINNER – SPF Roof Under 40,000 Square Feet)
- West Roofing Systems Inc. for The Leader Building with supplier Accella and Progressive Materials (Runner up – SPF Roof Under 40,000 Square Feet)
- Puff Inc. for JFK High School with supplier Covestro (WINNER – SPF Roof Over 40,000 Square Feet)
- Insulation Solutions for Food Processing and Cold Storage Building with supplier Covestro (Runner up – SPF Roof Over 40,000 Square Feet)
- Elite Insulation & PolyPro LLC for West Main Street Bridge with supplier Lapolla Industries Inc. (WINNER – Specialty Applications)
- Divine Energy Solutions for Turtle Back Zoo Giraffe House Exhibit with supplier Lapolla Industries Inc. (Runner up – Specialty Applications)
“This year’s award entries brought in a number of innovative projects and applications,” says John Achille, president of the SPFA. “While we are limited in the number of awards we are able to bestow, this year saw no shortage of projects and work completed by contractors.”
The prestigious awards ceremony is one of many offerings at the Sprayfoam 2017 Convention & Expo. This year’s agenda included onsite exams and training for the SPFA’s Professional Certification Program; a keynote address by author and Emmy Award winner Steve Thomas of PBS’ “This Old House” fame, who is also a current spokesperson for Habitat for Humanity; a 35,000-square-foot exhibit hall showcasing booth displays from over 80 industry organizations, manufacturers, contractors, equipment providers, and many others; a three-day educational program including more than 30 break-out sessions; a general session with Sam Rashkin, chief architect, Building Technologies Office highlighting the Department of Energy’s Net Zero Initiatives; SPFA Annual Member Awards, honoring members who have demonstrated dedication to the betterment of the organization and industry at-large; the Annual Golf Tournament; VIP events; member and contractor-only events; an entertainment filled Close-Out Reception and Networking Party.
Attendance for the Sprayfoam 2017 Convention & Expo exceeded 1,200 individuals representing the complete Spray Polyurethane Foam industry and value chain, as well as the general public.
To inquire about event sponsorship for the 2018 event, please contact Michele Riesenberg at Michele@sprayfoam.org. Additional event information is available here.