The International Roofing Expo’s (IRE) first virtual event was held March 2-4, 2021 and brought together professionals from the roofing and exterior construction industries. The event connected contractors, remodelers, and builders with manufacturers and suppliers to discover the latest products, technologies, and services while further developing their professional and technical skills.
The live portion of the event took place March 2-4, and then the platform remained open for on-demand viewing through April 2. During the event, attendees participated in educational sessions, special events, supplier meetings, and were able to browse a directory of the latest products and services on the market.
The IRE Virtual Edition hosted 63 suppliers and had 2,447 participants from 32 countries. Over the course of the event, there were 321 confirmed meetings, 15,432 product category views, and 1,975 hours of content watched.
“With the IRE in-person show being rescheduled to August, we felt it was important to help the industry connect during the first part of the year,” said Ray Giovine, group director for the International Roofing Expo and Informa Markets. “We are pleased with how the industry came together during the virtual event and we’re glad we could provide them with more of the education and content they want each year.”
“IRE Virtual Edition 2021 was an overall great experience. I thought the content and options were well thought out and offered a wide variety of options for everyone,” said Maureen Greeves with Tremco.
The virtual event highlights included:
- Three Ask the Experts Live Sessions: Each day of the event started with a live session covering trending topics followed by a Q&A with industry experts.
Mark DeFreitas of Soprema said “One of the best opening talks I have ever heard. I have been in this industry for over 30 years, so I have heard a few! So many life/business lessons and great guidance. It came across as sincere and from a personal level. It will resonate with a lot of people. Reid (Ribble) never disappoints and I just want to thank all that were responsible to make this happen. A great way to start the IRE virtual conference.”
- 25+ Educational Sessions: Sessions covered a variety of topics that were organized by tracks that included Business, Technical, Legal/HR, Workplace Safety, Windows & Siding and Exhibitor Presented Seminars.
“I really enjoyed the IRE Virtual Edition 2021. The sessions were very informative and educational,” said Jeremy Ball of Lobo Construction
- Virtual Exhibitor Directory: Attendees were able to connect with manufacturers, suppliers and technology vendors via pre-scheduled meetings, drop-in meetings, or they could drop their virtual business card off.
- Product Directory: Attendees were able to browse hundreds of the latest products and services for the roofing, window, and siding industries.
- Windows & Siding Community: This dedicated community page featured education, exhibitors, and products specific for the windows and siding categories located all in one place on the platform.
- Special Events: During the virtual event there were a number of fun sessions participants could attend including a whiskey and cigar tasting presented by SRS Distribution and Versico, a virtual poker night sponsored by National Women in Roofing, and a Cirque du Soleil presentation courtesy of Visit Las Vegas.
Renae Bales of NWiR, and vice president of KPost Roofing & Waterproofing, said “The NWIR poker event was GREAT. Our players were across the board on skills from beginners and to experienced, yet we all came together and shared laughs and learn from our dealers. Congrats to our winners! We will definitely be going this again, so get ready card sharks.”
“Now that the virtual event has closed, we are thrilled to be in full planning mode for the IRE live event taking place August 10-12, 2021,” said Giovine. “We are looking forward to reconnecting with everyone in person in Las Vegas.”
The live, in-person version of IRE will adapt Informa AllSecure, an approach to ensuring the highest standards of safety, hygiene, cleanliness and quality for operating events. In addition to AllSecure, the show will follow all local government guidelines, as well as the Mandalay Bay Convention Center guidelines.
Registration for the live event will open in April, however the hotel block is now open.
The International Roofing Expo is sponsored by NRCA, and Roofing Contractor is the official show publication. GAF is the title sponsor of the IRE Virtual Edition.
For more information about the International Roofing Expo and the events, visit www.theroofingexpo.com
To book your hotel for the IRE live event, visit https://www.theroofingexpo.com/en/travel/housing.html.
For more information about exhibiting with International Roofing Expo, visit www.theroofingexpo.com/exhibit.