A new AIA approved course, “Metal Roofing: History, Material, and Application,” is now available from ATAS International Inc. The learning objectives for the course include:
- Observe and recognize the history of metal roofing and the different types of metal used
- Explain the manufacturing process and the importance of finish coatings
- Describe the differences between low slope roof systems and steep slope roof systems
- Understand the environmental benefits, sustainable technology and the features of metal roofing
A total of nine AIA approved courses are now offered by ATAS, three of which can also be taken online. All are approved for health, safety, and welfare (HSW) learning units by the American Institute of Architects’ Continuing Education System.
The three courses available online are:
- Demystifying Rain Screen Systems Utilizing Metal Wall Panels
- Metal Roofing: History, Material, and Application
- Sustainable Building Envelopes
Three of ATAS’ courses are also approved by Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI), including the Sustainable Building Envelopes course available online. All three of the online courses, in addition to the six others, are available as in-person live learning sessions. As a registered AIA Continuing Education Passport Provider for many years, ATAS can also offer continuing education credit for two live plant tours: a facility which manufactures building envelope components from metal, and a metal coil coating facility.
Lee Ann M. Slattery, ATAS’ Sales Support Manager, stated, “We are pleased to add to our course offering, and to provide continuing education in a variety of ways. ATAS understands that online learning opportunities are desirable, in addition to live learning sessions. We will continue to offer all nine of our courses in-person for those located across the country who are seeking to bring education into their firms.”
All of ATAS International’s continuing education courses can be found at https://www.atas.com/education.