As part of the 25th anniversary celebration of METALCON, the Metal Construction Association (MCA) is reinvigorating its presence on the show floor, including a new educational theater and displays at the association’s newly designed booth (#1831), as well as the annual Chairman’s Awards presentation, and expanded Metal Roofing Championship Games.
This year, MCA’s councils, which serve various segments of the metal construction industry, are represented through informative displays and educational sessions held daily in a theater at the booth. The 20-minute sessions will highlight the advancements that MCA and its members are making together to benefit the industry. Sessions include:
- Benefits of Insulated Metal Panels (IMPs) Council – Understand how getting involved with the IMP Council helps members grow their business.
- Industry Case Studies on Retrofit – Explore the advantages of installing new metal roofs over old roofs, and learn how the Retrofit Council works to grow market share in commercial, industrial and residential renovation construction.
- Service Life Study – Learn about the groundbreaking study conducted by MCA and the ZAC Association that shows that some metal roofs can last as long as the buildings they cover: typically 60 years or more.
- Seaming Guide – Hear first-hand from industry leaders about best practices for metal roof seaming, and other initiatives that the Accessories Council has under way
- Value of MCA Meetings and Membership Benefits – Discover the benefits from MCA membership. The association is offering 50 percent off membership dues for the remainder of 2015. Learn about networking opportunities available with industry leaders at MCA’s Winter and Summer Meetings.
- Growth and Trends in Metal Construction – Get a sneak-peak at market analytics, typically only available to members, and learn about trends and growth opportunities for metal roof and wall panels.
- Fastener Selection Guide – Find out how to choose the correct fastener from experts from MCA’s Accessories Council.
- Benefits of Exhibiting at METALCON – Learn how to take full advantage of all the opportunities available when your company exhibits at METALCON.
- Metal Roofing Contractor Benefits – Discover how metal roofing contractors can get to the next level through the MCA.
- Roofing Installation Manual and White Papers – Get the edge by learning new techniques from the installation manual and white papers put together by industry experts from MCA’s Roofing Council.
These projects and others will be brought to life by new displays, highlighting the many ways that MCA is advocating and supporting the metal building industry. Actual mock-ups illustrating best practices will be on display, as will case studies, white papers and technical bulletins highlighting the latest industry trends.
A schedule of presentations at the booth is as follows:
Wednesday, Oct. 14
- 12:30 p.m. Benefits of the IMP Council
- 1:30 p.m. Industry Case Studies on Retrofit
- 2:30 p.m. Service Life Study (1 hour presentation)
- 4 p.m. Seaming Guide
- 4:45 p.m. Value of MCA Meetings and Member Benefits
- 5:30 p.m. Chairman’s Awards Presentation
- 12:30 p.m. Growth and Trends in Metal Construction
- 1:30 p.m. Fastener Selection Guide
- 2:30 p.m. Service Life Study (1-hour presentation)
- 4 p.m. Benefits of Exhibiting at METALCON
- 4:45 p.m. Value of MCA Meetings and Member Benefits
- 10:30 a.m. Metal Roofing Contractor Benefits
- 11:30 a.m. Roofing Installation Manual and White Papers
Thursday, Oct. 15
Friday, Oct. 16
MCA will also unveil the 2015 prestigious Chairman’s Awards at METALCON on Wednesday, Oct. 14, at 5:30 p.m.
The Chairman’s Awards are an annual designation given to outstanding building projects involving MCA member companies. Recipients for these awards are selected each year from projects submitted to Metal Architecture Magazine’s annual Design Awards Program. The honorees are chosen by a panel of professional architects, which included Elaine Tisovec Fitzgerald, AIA, CCS, ArchiTech Consulting Inc., Mount Prospect, Ill.; Michael Fitzgerald, AIA, Principal, OKW Architects, Chicago; and Ted Haug, AIA, LEED AP, Legat Architects, Chicago.
The MCA Chairman’s Awards are given in nine categories: commercial/industrial; education, colleges and universities; education, primary and secondary schools; institutional; metal roofing; municipal; and residential. The judges also recognize projects with an award for overall excellence.
Award recipients are determined based on overall appearance, significance of metal in the project, innovative use of metal, and the role of metal in achieving project objectives. Photos and descriptions highlighting the winning projects will be on display in the MCA booth after the awards ceremony.
In addition, MCA has added a new challenge to the MCA/METALCON Metal Roofing Championship Games, which will take place in booth #109. This year’s theme is ‘Battle by the Bay’ and will include five different competitions where contractors can compete to win cash prizes in challenges that include the proper use of screw guns and seamers, as well as installing retrofit sub-framing, standing seam roof panels, snow retention and other common rooftop accessories.
The games will be held on each of the three days of the show, during exhibit hall hours, and each of the challenges has a $100 cash prize for the winner or winning team.
METALCON will be held Oct. 14-16, 2015 at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, Fla.